You might be wondering, where should you go when you take a break from all your holiday fun activities? Here are the 5 best restaurants in Vatera that should satisfy your appetite.
I saved up from my pet service business in Hawaii (www.gotpoo.biz) to take a trip to Greece. Lesvos was one of the areas we traveled to and here’s my take on the top 5 best restaurants.
1. Thalassa Restaurant & Beach Bar. Many visitors to Vatera really appreciate this place. The seafood dishes are absolutely fresh, and the friendly waiters are always ready to assist you with your orders. The service is very quick, and meanwhile you can enjoy the Wi-Fi connection and the fabulous view of the beach. The cocktails are also refreshing, while the music also makes the atmosphere more festive.
2. Vatera Beach Hotel Cafe and Snack Bar Restaurant. This establishment offers a family atmosphere, which shouldn’t be surprising since a friendly family does run the place. Here you can enjoy fresh fish including tuna and even swordfish, while you appreciate the view of the Aegean Sea as the place is right next to the beach. The cuisine is mostly Greek and the portions are huge, though there are also hotdogs and burger options for those who want them. There are cocktails too! Continue reading
If you’re traveling to Vatera, you will want to have lots of fun and enjoyable activities. That said, here are 5 things to do in Vatera that you should really consider doing.
- Enjoy the beach. This is perhaps the most obvious and it’s the main reason why people come to Vatera in the first place. You can sunbathe, relax, and take a dip. Just breathe in the relaxing atmosphere and let the stress float away.
- Explore the beach. You have 7 kilometers of white sand to explore, and that should take a while. If you’re with your romantic couple, you can also easily find a private spot where you can share intimate moments. It’s a favorite honeymoon spot for precisely this reason.
- Go snorkeling. You can easily find the equipment you need, and then the view from under the ocean is yours to enjoy. What makes Vatera Beach perfect for snorkeling is that the water is extremely clear, and there are many fish here that swim close to shore. You won’t have to go too far to find the colorful schools of fish.
- Soak in the natural hot springs at Polychnitou. These are the hottest hot baths in Europe. Though the main baths are usually segregated by gender, if there aren’t any other bathers your group can relax together.
- Visit the Museum of Natural History in Vrissa. They have bones here that are 1.6 million years old!
Come back to see more things to do and places to visit in Vatera!
If you’re looking for a hotel in Greece where you can relax, the Hotel Vatera is a good place to visit. Find out why in this review.
If you read Hotel Vatera reviews you’ll realize that many people highly recommend this hotel. This is a popular hotel in Vatera and Vatera Beach in Lesvos is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Greece. With 7 kilometers of continuous sandy beach, this awesome sight is a great way to start the day while you’re sipping your coffee. The water is so clean that the beach has been awarded exactly for its clear and clean waters.
The rooms are very clean as well. They have carpet cleaners clean the room’s carpets after every guest stay!
How Do You Get There?
It’s located along the coast right between the Gulfs of Kaloni and Yera. It’s near the town called Polychnitou, where you can find the awesome hot mineral baths. The town of Vatera itself is the epitome of small-town relaxation. Here you’ll find pizza parlors, tavernas, a few tiny bars, and several small shops. Clearly, the beach is the main hangout for fun. Continue reading
Looking for some rest and relaxation by the beach in Greece? You have to try the Irini Hotel in Lesvos. Find out why in this review.
For visitors to the island of Lesvos in Greece, the Irini Hotel is an ideal hotel for couples and families alike. This hotel in Vatera is right by the beach, so getting to enjoy the sand and the water is a matter of walking a few yards from the hotel’s entrance.
There are many amenities you can enjoy during your stay. There is free parking if you rented a car. There are a bar and a pool out front. The hotel is spacious, and very conspicuous in its cleanliness. It may be a budget hotel, but the sparkling pool water, the huge size of the pool, and the overall spaciousness of your surroundings is a luxury that’s hard to beat. Continue reading
Trying to decide where to stay in Vatera? This Hotel Aphrodite Beach review may help you find the answer you’re looking for.
If you’re going to Vatera Beach for a vacation, then it’s best to plan ahead of time. You can arrange for every step of your transportation, including a car you can rent so that you can explore the entire island of Lesvos at your leisure. And when it comes to accommodations, you have several options but this Hotel Aphrodite Beach review will show you why this hotel is a great choice.
Rates and Rooms
If you’re worried about having to spend hundreds of dollars a night for a hotel room, don’t. A double room or a studio for two guests costs about $54 a night in Hotel Aphrodite. An apartment for 4 guests will cost you Continue reading
Lounging on Vatera Beach is a great way to spend the day, but you may find a lot more things to do in Vatera than you think.
When you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, Vatera Beach is an ideal destination for couples, friends and families. Here, parents can really relax in the beach and in spas. Young children will find the bay octopuses and the turtles fascinating, while adults can snorkel in the water during the day and then enjoy the nightlife in the outskirts of town. Moreover, you can find lots of other tourist spots in the surrounding areas around Vatera.
How to Get There
Getting to Vatera depends a lot on where you’re coming form. If you’re coming from outside the country, a Lesvos travel agency can help you secure your travel arrangements, so you won’t have to figure out how to get to Vatera all by yourself.
- Usually, this means your flight from wherever you are will take you to Venizelos International Airport in Athens.
- From the airport, you will need a taxi service that can bring you to the Port of Pireaus, where you can get a ferry to reach Mytilini in Lesvos. But you can also take one of the 4 daily flights from Athens to Mytilini airport.
- From Mytilini, another taxi service can take you to your Vatera Beach accommodations, which can be a hotel or an apartment.
Daytime Fun Continue reading
Learn everything you need to know about Vatera in this guide.
If you’re thinking about a vacation to a place that has a fabulous beach, great outdoor activities, a fascinating history and great architecture, visit Vatera in Lesvos, Greece. Here are some facts about Vatera that you may want to know about first: Continue reading
My 1st blog post! Welcome to The Vatera Specialists!
I’m very excited to share with you everything about Vatera located in Lesvos, Greece.
I am not from Vatera, but I’ve fell in love with Vatera and developed a passion for Lesvos when I vacationed there for the first time 15 years ago.
Come here as I share with you everything about Vatera and the wonderful experiences that I’ve had so that if you ever go there you may enjoy it whole heartedly as I do.
Thank you for visiting my blog and I’ll see you soon!